9 Things That Can Really Mess With Your Erections
As a man, if there is anything whose quality you must guard, it would have to be your erections – of course among many other things that you consider essential. Erectile dysfunction is one of the challenges that can crash down a man’s confidence and self-esteem.
ED does not only affect a man’s performance in the bedroom but other areas or aspects of his life including his social life, career, business and general health. It can be a reason for their depression. As such, men need to be aware of the various things capable of messing up with the strength and duration of their erections so that they can make the right lifestyle decisions.
- Poor diet – if you never sit down to enjoy a good meal (well-balanced), you risk suffering from erectile dysfunction. Stay clear of red and processed meat as well as refined grains. Instead, eat a diet rich in natural foods such as whole grains, fish, fruits, and vegetables. Most importantly, ensure that you never suffer a Vitamin B12 deficiency – lest you suffer from ED.
- Excess consumption of alcohol – dieticians, nutritionists and medical experts advise against excessive alcohol intake. Alcohol has never done anyone any good. It messes up your life and health. As a depressant, alcohol has adverse effects on your sexual moods, desire, and ultimately on your erections.
- Cigarette smoking – if you are a chain cigarette smoker, you are not only looking at poor erections, but also penis shrinkage. Is the pressure you get from those puffs worth your penile size and quality of erections? Cigarette contains many chemicals that negatively influence the performance of the blood vessels that are responsible for the transportation of blood to the penis area. If you cannot quit on your own, do not shy away from seeking professional help. In the end, you will be glad you did.
- Stress, anxiety, and depression – psychological instability is a huge cause of erectile dysfunction. When you are stressed, you are not likely to have sexual thoughts. Eventually, your sex drive dies or deteriorates and in such circumstances, obtaining or maintaining an erection – even when you are sexually aroused – becomes almost impossible. Do not allow stress or depression to get in the way of your erections. If it becomes too much for you to handle, don’t throw in the towel. Instead, seek the assistance of a professional counselor.
- Extra pounds – many people underestimate the effect of excess weight on their erections. Too many pounds inhibit the production of testosterone. A sex hormone, testosterone plays a critical role in your sexual arousal and strength of your erections.
- Inactive lifestyle – an inactive lifestyle is the number one cause of weight gain which in turn messes up with your erections. Without regular physical exercises, your heart does not pump enough blood to the penis area and other parts of the body. With less flow of blood to the genitals, the quality of your erections takes a dip.
- Lousy self-image – in the privacy of your mind, how do you feel about yourself? Do you think you are unattractive? How much worth do you attach to your entire self? How you view, yourself has a significant effect on your ability to obtain erections. Prolonged bad self-image eventually leads to erectile dysfunction. Consider working on your body image before the situation gets out of hand.
- Addiction to pornography – watching porn videos or viewing porn pictures can mess with your erections in ways you have never imagined. An Italian research study involving 28,000 research participants revealed an interesting connection between porn addiction and erectile function. Teenage boys who are addicted to Internet viewing of pornography risk suffering from sexual anorexia. Sexual anorexia is the pathological absence for sexual appetite/desire. Erectile dysfunction happens when a person’s belief contradicts with his actions. Shame and guilt may eventually contribute to erectile dysfunction. Besides, the dicks you see on those videos are exaggerated but unfortunately, may make you feel inadequate as far as your penis size and performance is concerned.
- Undiagnosed medical conditions – do not skip your general medical checkups. Such sessions are critical to ensuring that your erections are in check at all times. Health conditions such as high blood pressure and diabetes may directly interfere with your erections. If they are identified and appropriately managed, you will have little or no problems with your erectile function.
The penis enhancement pills reviewed on this site comply with: